Generally people tend to pick one topic and write about that, but in a world where we have hundreds of channels, YouTube, books, magazines – and most of it at our fingertips – it is important to bring as much diversity to your blog as possible. You can’t really take just one topic and write about that again and again from different slants. Take some time to research other successful blogs to see what they have that makes them popular. However you must always research with your own Unique Selling Point in mind.
- Step 1: Decide what to blog about. If you’re part of a business, company or organization, this step will be easy to determine. …
- Step 2: Choose a domain. …
- Step 3: Choose a blogging platform. …
- Step 4: Start your blog. …
- Step 5: Design your blog. …
- Step 6: Start blogging!
- Research other blogs.
- Who is your target audience?
- What is your time commitment to your blog?
- How you will drive traffic to your blog? (more on that later)
- How often will you post?
- Will you use pictures / video / podcasts in your posts
- How much personal information will you share?
- How are you going to set yourself up as an expert in your field?
- What is your Unique Selling Point (USP)?
- How will you tell me about yourself, who you are, why should I like you?
- What makes you different?
- What do you obsess about?